Image courtesy of bonappetit.com
1+1/2 cups brown jasmine or basmati rice
2 cups organic, whole coconut milk
2 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Rub coconut oil over the bottom of pot (you will also need a tight-fitting lid).
- Add the rice, coconut milk, water, salt, and shredded coconut. Stir and set over high heat. Bring to a bubbling boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover tightly with a lid.
- Allow to cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off the heat and leave pot covere). Allow the rice to sit for another 5-10 minutes, or until ready to eat.
- Fluff the rice with chopsticks or a fork. If desired, coconut rice can be topped with a sprinkling of toasted coconut by placing rice in bowl, topping with more shredded coconut and placing under broiler for 1 minute.