IF SOMEONE WERE TO TELL MY 25-YEAR-OLD SELF THAT IN A FEW YEARS I WOULD BE RUNNING A WELLNESS WEBSITE, COOKING AND SHARING VEGAN MEALS to thousands of readers and living my true self with the person I love and a growing family, I simply wouldn’t believe it. At the time, I was in a career that I thought I wanted–a busy, often stressful job in the fast-paced, high pressure world of glossy magazines, I was the queen of the weekend warrior life, going hard drinking and smoking on the weekends, bingeing on greasy, “comfort foods,” only to start again on Monday, vowing to be better, vowing to be more balanced, and feeling so much guilt and self-attack because I knew there was a better way, I just didn’t know what that was. Then one day in 2009, I came across a New York Times article titled, “Seeing Yourself In Their Light.” The article covered a handful of young women teaching spirituality for the Millennial set. The article read, “A decade ago, young women like Ms. Bernstein might have been expected to chase the lifestyle of high-heels and pink drinks at rooftop bars of the meatpacking district. But now there is a new role model for New York’s former Carrie Bradshaws — young women who are vegetarian, well versed in self-help and New Age spirituality, and who are finding a way to make a living preaching to eager audiences, mostly female.” They were talking to me.
After reading the article, I immediately reached out to one of the women through her website. No response. I was discouraged and part of me said, this is not meant to be. Who am I to ask for help? But a small voice inside of me told me to press on. The next person on my list, Gabrielle Bernstein. Skeptically, I reached out again through her website, not expecting an email back, not expecting anything. Five minutes later, my phone rang. It was Gabby. “Hi! I got your email!” She chirped enthusiastically. “Oh, er, great,” I said, already regretting my email. I timidly asked about her phone coaching sessions and she gave me her rate but it was hard to hear her since I had terrible service in my apartment. We kept getting cut off. I kept having to call her back. She kept having to call me back. This is not meant to be, I thought. Finally she called me on the third time and said, “Wait. Where do you live.” I answered. “I live two blocks away, why don’t you just come over.” And that was that. So began my almost decade-long relationship with my personal mentor, guru, friend and home base. It is largely due to Gabrielle Bernstein that I got the courage to quit my job in the magazine industry, follow my dreams and do what I love. It is because her that I found the confidence in myself to share my own story and pain in order to transform it and help others. It is because of her that I was able to eventually let go of the self-sabotaging “weekend warrior” behavior that I leaned on for so many years.
When you’re on a journey of spiritual growth and transformation, something pretty amazing can happen. At a certain point, you hear the call to share the lessons you’ve learned. It might start out as a whisper, but eventually it becomes a roar: You’re called to serve others and connect to a greater purpose. But even when that call is loud, I know the nasty voice of fear can be even louder. The voice of fear holds you back, saying, “Who am I to do this? What do I have to offer? How would I even start?” My response is: Who are you NOT to do this?
So many people have told me that they have a vision that really excites them — but something holds them back from putting that dream into action. I know how it feels, because I used to be the same way. Fear kept me from actually *doing* what I dreamed of. Gabby taught me how to take spiritually aligned actions and show up for my dreams. She guided me through deep-dive spiritual practices and gave me practical business tools.
If you’re ready to embrace your purpose and take action on your dreams, enroll in the Spirit Junkie Masterclass Digital Course by June 29 at 6 pm. I learned this lesson from my friend Gabby Bernstein and I am so excited to share this new course she is offering that I hope will help you in the way that it helped me. See below for details.
Spirit Junkie Masterclass Digital
This is a groundbreaking course — there isn’t another one out there like it. Over 8 modules you will:
- Gain the confidence and business-building tools you need to live your highest purpose, make an impact and earn for your great work.
- Deepen your own spiritual practice.
- Take spiritually aligned action on your dreams so you act with guidance and clarity. (Most people don’t do this!)
- Get concrete advice on how to craft the career you want — from some of Gabby’s most trusted experts in spirituality and personal growth!
- Get detailed, step-by-step guides on how to turn your blog into a business, publish a book, lead groups, create digital courses and more! (I’m not holding back!)
- Experience a unique combination of deep-dive spiritual practices and practical business tools that create massive transformations for you and your career.
- Feel the incredible energy of a live event. Unlike most online courses, the Spirit Junkie Masterclass Digital Course is filmed live in HD for amazingly crisp, beautifully produced video and audio. You’ll be catapulted right into the room!
- Have the freedom of a flexible, 100% online program. Take it anywhere, anytime! Learn in the way that’s best for you with video, audio, transcripts and worksheets.
- Get lifetime access so you can return to the material and learn at your own pace. PLUS, new content is added regularly!
- Join an amazing community of Spirit Junkies to connect with in a private Facebook page. This tight-knit, supportive and inspiring network will be invaluable to your life, your spiritual practice and your career for years to come.
- Always have support as you go through the program, plus opportunities to ask questions and access an awesome Q&A archive!