Adapted from comfybelly.com
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or other dairy-free milk (Hannah used Fage yogurt)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
Cinnamon Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional; Hannah used pecans)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well-blended.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C, or gas mark 4).
- Prepare a baking pan with muffin liners.
- For the muffins, combine coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and blend well.
- Add the eggs, milk, and honey to the dry mixture and blend well by hand, or use a mixer or food processor. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Fill muffin liners about 1/4 of the way with batter.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of topping over each muffin and then top off each muffin with more batter, about 3/4 of the way filled.
- Drizzle the remaining topping over each muffin and use a toothpick, fork, or spoon to blend the topping into the batter.
- Bake for about 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy! Store for a few days at room temperature (covered), seal and store in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or seal and freeze for a few months.