For full recipe video, visit The Estee Edit
Lean Green Soup with Shaved Black Truffle (Serves 4-6)
4 celery stalks, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced in half
1 bay leaf
1 bunch of fresh dill stalks
1 bunch of fresh parsley stalks
1 teaspoon of sea salt
8 whole peppercorns
8 cups of water
Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. Drain into a separate stockpot. Discard vegetables.
1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 green zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 cups of kale, sliced in thin ribbons
1 cup of broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon of cold-pressed extra virgin organic olive oil
Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Freshly shaved black truffle (truffle salt will work too)
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pot, add chopped zucchini, potatoes and onion. Add 6 cups of broth or enough liquid to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
2. Add sliced kale and broccoli and continue to simmer until they turn bright green. Immediately turn off heat.
3. In batches, puree the soup in a high-powered blender. Leave some batches for a chunkier consistency.
4. Add lemon zest and juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Ladle soup into soup bowls and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, freshly shaved black truffle and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.